Relish: New Year Resolutions

Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year Resolutions

Partially conscious, my mind woke to what was buzzing on Lush 99.5 of what Hollywood celebrities and the world's richest have achieved in 2008. I was inspired and jumped out of bed to take stock of my blessings this year!!It set the note so beautifully for the song in my head for the last few days of the year. As i later went about the day, i told myself to also write my goals down for 2009.

A New Year's resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. I also asked myself if my new year resolutions for 08 were fulfilled- did these commitments go into effect only on New Year's Day OR whether i followed through with it till it was fulfilled or it was abandoned halfway?

2008 has been very fulfilling year for me, with 4 awards won in 2 different categories, with the great support from different managers and dear colleagues/friends whom i'm able to share all the happy moments with and challenging times. I wouldn't have gotten these rewards if they didn't recognize my efforts and my desire to excel. I also couldn't do these without the constant encouragement from my family and the unwavering support from G :)

I am always thankful and so happy in my heart that i have you to share all these lovely moments with, all my friends and family. And more importantly, you are part of my world :)

Just to share what i've been up to, a few quiet moments with a few close friends and family... just the way i liked it.

Pictures from Christmas party with the office
Pictures from Christmas Party @ York Hotel
Pictures from Christmas Parties @ Christmas Eve
Pictures from New Year at Cousin Wendy's

No comments: