Relish: Fighting Spirits on Weekdays. Fighters Over the Weekend!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fighting Spirits on Weekdays. Fighters Over the Weekend!


Paintball. I'd say, more like PAIN-BALL!! The paint filled, breakable, gelatin paintballs shot from a compressed air powered "paintball marker", is not as harmless as what you'd think it is when one describes it! Fresh red blood spewed when skin on forearms and chins split, exposed foreheads and naked necks awfully bruised(P.S. I Love you! Muacks! Love, bites.) and of course abrasions from leopard crawling on gravel and not-so-tiny stones. All because we have to hate each other on the battle field with only one objective in mind- to bring glory to your team by retrieving this grubby purple flag.

Apparently, as i was told, i really do have the skills!! Coming out unscathed with all that practice after 3 rounds, it was down to 8 guys an 2 gals in for the final match- the Death Match. Death Match is a round where all man from the opposition team must be shot before you can win. You're bound to be injured!

Most of us who have played should have been taught to shoot with both hands holding the marker and how to aim by using both eyes to trace the shot. But i didn't need to. I found my target in white. He was snooping around a barrack that was diagonally to my right- the opposition's territory. Having a good focus on him (aside the fact that i had to stop breathing cus the mask was already fogging up from all that panting), i knew i didn't have to move forwadrd to kill him because i was camped up at the back and was laying too low to be in his line of sight. I didn't have to stand up on both feet to kill him and shoot with both hands. Nope i didn't! Although they say shooting with one hand is crappy, but hey, i had a total of 4 good shots at him!
An immediate yell came from Daniel,"he's out! We've 2 guys up and they have a last man!" Oh no, I AM one of the last 2 standing in my team. Not good- which means i've to move forward!! I dont' want to. *chatter chatter* The 2 marchels on my team had to coax me at least 6 times for me to move out to the most front hold. I finally plucked up the courage to try to whack the last man out. I stayed low and ran for itwhile running towards the front as fast as i could! Phew! Peeping through the cracks in the plank, whoever that was did look funny in his half squat position. Haha! Wait. He's THE terror- boss! He became a sitting duck as all the opposite fire power was focused on him- obviously not from mine. I was scared he'd shoot me in the head if i lifted my head cus i was directly in front of his base! With great aim, Alain finally managed to take him down after much cross firing and we scored 8-6. Yipee! Shhh. It's not cus we won, It's just cus i'm outa there!!

As i was about to quench my thrist with a can of coke, someone asked loudly,"Who was that in green??? That person jussst kept shooting the marchel and it hit him so many times. He was really angry and cursed and swore. He was yelling at the top of his voice- if you shoot one more time, i'll mark you!! Julesss.... was that YOU....?!!

I quietly slung my bag over my shoulders, got up from the bench and headed in the direction of the exit. I picked up a gelatin paintball and quaffed it along the way out.
I was really determined to be of use to the team! Anybody wants me on their team? I've proved myself to be a sniper! =)


More photos.

1 comment:

genmumbles said...

wow babe that's some effort! well done :)